On Australia Day whilst driving through the country I heard the following words in my spirit and sensed a quickening that this is a word for the Church to intentionally steward: “Celebrate Diversity & Embrace Expression”.
I want to make it clear (please don’t hear what I’m not saying), celebrating diversity is not and I say again “is not” universalism, compromise or interfaith. What it is, is the cross pollination of the body (whose foundation “chief corner stone” is Christ and Christ alone). It is a championing, a giving and a receiving, of the many facets of the bride, it is an understanding of each other’s strengths, an inclusiveness...like a diamond that has been perfectly cut (with its multiple sides, each one reflecting the light in its own unique way). We are moving from the revelation of each joint supplying locally (our own direct fellowships), to each joint supplying regionally (city and nation wide). A preferring of one another and a preserving of the "unity of the spirit" beyond what has been comfortable and at times exclusive.
I also felt the Lord say that He is raising up brand new ministries, new expressions of the kingdom that the earth has not yet seen. Right now, new ministries are being birthed that are unique, necessary & with their own individuality (covered in the Father's finger prints), but with this came a warning. A warning (because of past success) to resist the temptation of trying to look like something, someone or another ministry that already exists. I heard Him say, "you can copy and cookie cut their style, their methods and their charisma, but you cannot re-manufacture their anointing".
He is desiring that you give yourself permission to embrace your own expression (point of difference) that He has mantled & anointed you with, allowing Him to fan into flame that which will break glass ceilings, pioneer a movement and be a forerunner for future generations.
Be encouraged and excited...you are you (created in His image & likeness).
I understand that every year many prophetic words are released at this time…and so they should, as we each have the ability to hear from the Lord and prophesy. Below are 5 things that I believe the Lord is saying right now to His bride…be blessed.
Prophetically speaking there is a grace this year resting on the following:
- The Church will look more like family in 2018, then it has for decades. There will be a greater value on preferring one another (familiarity will breed honour and no longer contempt). Meeting daily (to pray, break bread, worship, etc.) will be normal, and our love for each other will become a primary tool of evangelism.
- The Church will come into a greater maturity, believing the truth that it’s possible to come to the full stature of Christ. Childish things will be put away, and an establishing of a ‘teachable heart’ and a ‘laid down life’ will take place rapidly. Many ‘Acts 6 Stephens’ will rise up…those who even though they may be commissioned to wait tables, will be known for their grace, power, authority, humility and revelation.
- Age-old man made traditions in the Church that bare ‘little to no fruit’ will be challenged and torn down. They will be replaced with strategy and intentionality, that will exponentially advance the kingdom.
- A defining and a refining will come to individuals, families, ministries and churches. You will begin to define and understand your call/destiny, and in doing so a refining will come to that which has been defined. This will breath purpose, fulfilment and accuracy into many lives.
- There will be a redeeming of the time/s. What was stolen, self-sabotaged, wasted and unintentionally misused will be restored by the kindness of the Father. This in turn will overwhelm hearts, committing people to a life of obedience which will cause the Lords’ favour to rain on them.
Take this word, weigh it up……if it bears a witness in your spirit, appropriate the word (believing that it would become flesh – ‘a tangible touchable reality’), and then share it.